Aythadis
Site Owner

Download links:97.65MB

Version 1.12 *Fixed* - Download

Older Versions:

Version 1.11 82.19MB - Download

Version 1.10 78.5MB - NA

Version 1.00 - NA

Story: (This is still a work in process.)

You have been sent to a top secret underground base to investigate a distress emergency signal. You are part of an elite task force squad. With your team, you head to the base.

You think to yourself, with your luck, you will just run into more uglies and have to shove your shotgun in their faces and blow their brains out again. Didn't you kill them all when you blew that big monsters brain to mush... Your sure its just somebody jumping at their own shadow. You start out your long journey once again, to go hold some wussies hand and look under his bed and closet for the boogie man.

You get to the entrance to the base. You stand on the lift and press the button to go down into the darkness. Then the lift stops.

"Damn piece of crap," says one of your teammates. Then the whole lift blows up, and starts falling. When the lift hits the ground, you are knocked out. You awaken shortly after, as your team medic is patching you up.

"You got lucky. You have some bad cuts, but this stimpack should help you. You will be fine. Just sit down for a few minutes." You look over at the lift. There is a huge hole in the middle, and see that your assault rifle broke in half from the fall. You tell the squad to move up, and that you will catch up shortly.

(Co-op)   Your squad moves up, except for 2 of your men, who also need to sit and recover from their injuries.

Over your com, you hear the rest of your squad.

"Jessis crist! What the hell happened here?"

"Hey you! What happened here?!"

"What the hell was wrong with him?"

You hear screaming and gunshots, along with a chainsaw, and a lot of blood and guts hitting the floor...

"Just my luck, I just lost my whole squad in a matter of minutes." You radio back to HQ and tell them the situation. The reply that you get was something that you did not expect them to say.

"Can you repeat that HQ?"

"It is time for Operation Firestorm."

"Operation Firestorm? What the hell is that?"

"That is the neutralization of all subjects in the base and surrounding area. If it moves, kill it. And find out where the things are coming from and destroy it. I don't want it to get everyone else. I can not give you back up. We need everyone here to make sure that whatever got them, doesn't get us."

"Roger that."

Just my luck, I might as well be fighting hellspawn again... Sh*t. I just jinxed it.

Can you survive?

Screenshots:

CLICK HERE to go to the album. I'm currently having some problems on linking the photos to here.

--

July 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aythadis
Site Owner

Version 1.12 is now up and ready to download! Enjoy!

March 20, 2011 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aythadis
Site Owner

The Fixed version of 1.12 is now up. It is replacing the old link for 1.12.

March 31, 2011 at 10:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aythadis
Site Owner

I have a few people that are all expert Doom Mod makers on another site that I am a member of trying out Imminent Firestorm. From the little blips that I have been hearing, they are impressed at what I have so far for being a first time Doom Modder. I can't wait to hear what they say!

--

April 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aythadis
Site Owner

I have been editing the first level again, changing a few things that didn't work and making the base look more destroyed and ruined than before, as well as make it appear that your character is seeing things. I have also been working on the Decorate coding for everything. Like adding in empty shells for the shotguns, and eventualy will get to rifle rounds and pistol shells.

I added a NEW Sniper Rifle that works better than the VX-48 Hunting Rifle, where the zoom doesn't get stuck. So now this will be in the next version.

The Ego Smasher has been removed for the next version (Don't need it, as well as being to over-powered). If you would still like to test out this gun, you can still find it in level 20 in a secret area in version 1.12... or use the 'Summon' cheat.

As well. I found a really funny weapon that will be in the next version. I'm sure you will get a kick from it... Just the only thing is that you have to stand way back or hide behind somthing...

And I may have found the perfact weapon to FINALLY replace the default plasma gun, I still doing some finall testing on it.

I have also found another weapon that will be added to the *Secret* portion of the game. Once again, it is still in testing.

--

April 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aythadis
Site Owner

I mentioned this before, that some expert mod players/makers were trying out Imminent Firestorm for me, and one of them finished it. He said he LOVED it, and was very surprised at how much work I have done for being a first time modder, and doing all of this on my own. He had caught a lot of things that he suggested to fix or change. At the moment, we have only been talking about all the weapons and how they could be imoroved. He is currently writing down his thoughs on everything else now. I'll keep you guys posted!

--

April 16, 2011 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aythadis
Site Owner

Some more updates to Imminent Firestorm. I will be removing the default chain gun (the one that the chain gun zombie drops) since the Assault Rifle is basically the same thing. I have also removed the Quad shotgun because there are too many shotguns as it is. Increased the damage for the Magnum, as well as decreasing the amount of ammo for it. I took off the alt-fire for the Decimator for making it too easy to rage through the game, and working on improving the primary fire on it. I have been working on fixing most of the problems with the weapons so far, but there is still more work to be done.

AND! I GOT A FLASHLIGHT FOR IT! So now the game will be played with GZDoom, to allow dynamic lights, and all sorts of other eye candy. So I will be doing a MAJOR update to all the levels to make you use the flashlight more, and try to increase the horror factor in the game.

--

April 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aythadis
Site Owner

More updates: I have found a really nice enhancement wad that works with GZDoom. What it adds is a ton more eye candy and replaces a lot of things with nicer looking textures. It makes the default guns look better, but they will be replaced anyways. It also has a much better gibbing system in it that doesn't cause the game to lag a ton when a bunch of enemies explode into chunks, so I will be getting rid of the current one. I will have to play around with the coding a bit to keep the quotes and one liners. I have also been working on the soundtrack a bit more again.

I am still working on the levels a bit here and there, but I have been really busy with life lately. I try to work on this as much as I can.

--

May 19, 2011 at 11:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aythadis
Site Owner

I have made a video of Imminent Firestorm. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Terrorized666?feature=mhee

--

May 29, 2011 at 12:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Time

Subscribe To Our Site

Recent Podcasts

Recent Videos

650 views - 0 comments
713 views - 0 comments
620 views - 0 comments
679 views - 0 comments